Europass - greater mobility for learning and working in Europe
A standardised dossier setting out personal skills and qualifications, which is free and available electronically in 28 languages, can help citizens find work or receive training anywhere in Europe.
The Europass is a portfolio of five documents and an electronic folder which can contain descriptions of a citizen’s learning achievements, official qualifications, work experience, skills and competences.
It contains the following elements:
- Europass CV - to illustrate the holder’s skills;
- Europass mobility - to record all periods of transnational mobility for learning purposes;
- Europass diploma supplement - to provide details on higher education courses completed;
- Europass certificate supplement - issued by competent national authorities to describe vocational qualifications;
- Europass language passport - to present linguistic and cultural skills;
- European skills passport - to improve the presentation of a CV by bringing together in one place the educational and training certificates declared in the CV.
The initiative is supported by an internet portal which allows citizens to draw up their own Europass CVs and language passports, and to find out about the other Europass documents.